2009/05/06

2009/2010 School Year

After much prayer and research, I feel lead by the Lord to use the spine from Heart of Dakota for my older two "Preparing Hearts for His Glory" with the extensions. This is a curriculum that has the Charlotte Mason approach. I wanted to do world history especially for my eldest son because after this coming school year, he will enter the 9th grade. HOD allows you to use your own math, language arts. So here is what we have so far:

6th & 8th Grader(Using the appropriate grade level math and grammar)
Preparing Hearts for His Glory with extensions - History, Science, Bible, Art
Literature - Drawn into the Heart of Reading(HOD)
6th grader Math Singapore 6A & 6B
6th grader Math Life of Fred Decimals and Percentages
8th grader Math Life of Fred Beginning Algebra
Art - Draw and Write Through History
Grammar - Growing with Grammar
Handwriting - Can Do Cursive
Science - Maybe beef it up for 8th grader; have to wait and see

Big Man- Kindergarten
Kindergarten Math
Kindergarten Hooked on Phonics Pre-reading
Handwriting Without Tears
ABC Readiness Series
Leap Frog Letter Factory
Leap Frog Talking Word Factory
Leap Frog Code Word Caper
Roll A Dough Letters
Lots of Books
Melissa & Doug Learning Toys

1 comment:

Denise W. said...

Sonya, great meeting you yesterday (at OU). What a wonderful blog! I've not heard of HOD...looks interesting. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use it. My 19 y/o just graduated, 16 y/o (senior) is very self directed and will be taking some duel enrollment classes at the community college this year. Really, I only have my 14 y/o (9th grader) to be very involved with. It's hard to imagine, but the years do pass quickly. Enjoy your days with your children. Thanks for sharing your blog with us. ~Denise~